Monday 15 October 2007

if angie taylor wanted to, she could rule the world

in one way i'm pretty excited, but also slightly cynical, bitter and twisted. Met angie taylor, some sort of evil genius, and she explained expressions in after effects to us. If we had known that last year I would have a) got a better mark and b) not been so pissed off. But anyway, at least i know now and this might be a good start to thinking about my presentation.

i know i'd like to do some sort of animation in either flash or after effects. i quite like the idea of doing an animation using storyboards or what not, whatever it will be i know i'll end up making too much work for myself. Will start looking at nifty little animations soon to get some ideas. I do like the stuff that Rona Innes does at moshi machine

What makes this project much easier, is that i now know what my idea will be (unless i change my mind again). Right now i have settled on having a child's robot entertainment system. I use the word 'entertainment' quite loosely because the age range i will be looking at aren't really the entertained sort. The idea as it stands so far is that the robot system thing will have enough memory to know what soothes a crying brat best. Luckily i have 6 nieces, so my research there is pretty much done. I might look at the past ideas to what has worked or supposed to work. There's stuff that dates right back to the 50's with theories on parenting and luckily there was channel 4 to tell you how to do it. There's loads of books and tv shows that i can look into so this time there might actually be too much research.

Hopefully this week I'll be able to start the design for the babybot thing (its a name in progress, i just cant be bothered to keep typing out 'robot child entertainment thing')

then once thats designed i can start thinking about how to present it and then storyboard my ideas

No comments: